Work Location: 200 I St, SE, Washington, DC 20003
Short Description: 1-5 years of experience. Knowledge of virtualization and cloud technologies -VMware, AWS, and AzureSubject Matter Expert in infrastructure/network technologies. Participates in IT engineering, Design, maintenance, and risk and operational management.
Complete Description: The program seeks a Virtualization Infrastructure Specialist with an emphasis on Automation,Virtualization, Storage, and Disaster Avoidance/Recovery Design experience. Extensive Expertise with VMware Components ESXi, vCenter, vRealize Automation, vRealize Operations Management, VMwareSite Recovery Manager, Zerto Cloud, NetBackup, Dell Storage, and Brocade Fiber Channel Networking in the private and public cloud (AWS and Azure) is required.
The Virtualization Infrastructure Specialist’s duties include:
• Design a Highly Available environment.
• Validate environments are deployed based on design.
• Audit environments to ensure they are highly available.
• Design disaster recovery solution based on application recovery point objective and recovery time objective.
• Validate disaster recovery by testing fail overs.
• Provide specialized knowledge on how to implement and upgrade Systems in conformance with customer requirements.
• Lead the development of operational and maintenance procedures for systems.
• Document system configuration and operational procedures. This position requires keeping up to date with Dell Storage, Dell Servers, VMware ESXi, vRealize Automation, and Site Recovery components in use at the customer’s site, as well as testing and validating interoperability in a lab setting prior to deploying updates to production. Candidates must have extensive knowledge and experience withActive Directory, VMware vCenter, ESXi, vRealize Automation, Site Recovery Manager, OperationsManager, Zerto Cloud, NetBackup, Dell Compellent, Brocade Fiber Channel Networking, and PowerShell.The environment is fast-moving and has high expectations for quality of work and turnaround times.
CONTRACT JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
2. Plans, coordinates, and monitors project activities.
3. Develops technical applications to support users.
4. Develops, implements, maintains, and enforces documented standards and procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and documentation of assigned systems.
5. Provides training for system products and procedures.
6. Performs application upgrades.
7. Performs, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real-time databases, real-time network and serial data communications, and real-time graphics and logic applications.
8. Troubleshoots problems.9. Ensures project life cycle is in compliance with District standards and procedures.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field or equivalent experience.
• VMware, AWS, and/or Azure Cloud certification
• 3+ years of experience in VMware ESXi infrastructure build, administration, and support experience
• 5+ knowledge of AWS and Azure cloud technologies
• In-depth experience with VMware vRealize Automation
• 3+ years of in-depth understanding of Server hardware and Operating systems
• +2 years’ experience with Dell Servers, configurations, and troubleshooting
• +2 years of In-depth experience with Dell Compellent SAN and Dell Storage Manager
• +2 years of In-depth experience with disaster recovery and Avoidance planning
• +2 years’ experience In-depth knowledge of PowerShell
• +2 experience with Veritas NetBackup
• Experience as an SME in complex enterprise-level projects
• +3 years’ experience with Zerto Cloud
• +3 years leading projects, ensuring they’re in compliance with established standards/procedures
• +5 years of experience planning, coordinating, and monitoring project activities
BS Degree in IT, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Interested in this Position? Please submit your resume to email@example.com
Include the position title in your email subject line.