Work Location: 64 NY Ave, Washington, DC, 20002
Short Description: Senior Application Developer with proven professional experience in the design, development, delivery, and enhancement of Client-Server/Web-Based/Cloud-Based/Mobile Software Applications usingMicrosoft .NET Technologies, ASP & C#(C-Sharp).
This position is housed under Application Support Division I (ASD I) of the Office of Information Systems(OIS). The developer will build and implement additional functionality and system enhancements as requested by FSA. Make system fixes top as needed. Troubleshoot production issues. Work withBusiness Analysts to understand current and new business processes for ERAP and formulate IT solutions involving ERAP to improve efficiency. Build out enhanced reporting and dashboard capabilities.Perform proactive application monitoring activities including enhanced audit log tracking.
DHS’s OIS/Application Support Division I is looking for two (2) Senior Application Developers whose primary responsibilities include design, development, delivery, and enhancement of Client-Server/WebBased/Cloud-Based/Mobile Software Applications using application software development languages/environments with .NET/ASP/Visual C#.
The successful candidates will demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, characteristics, experiences, and/or abilities:
• Capable of designing, developing, and deploying applications that support users in the case and program management, especially with ERAP applications.
• Provides mentorship and technical advice to a team of Application/Reports/Query developers.
• Provides strategic advice to the lead, management, and customers of the OIS.
• Capable of implementing programming standards that support a secure and defect-free application.
• Interacts daily with government clients in order to meet the technical requirements for new initiatives.
• Works with Quality Assurance / Quality Control teams to insure the application remains secure and defect-free.
• Defines and documents processes to be used by all application developers on the team.
• Plans, research, and recommends new equipment, software tools, and related technologies.
• Uses monitoring and performance analysis tools to troubleshoot and isolate application performance issues.
• Updates system and process documentation, produce user guides, ER diagrams, and SOPs as needed -Including Visio Network design drawings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• The candidate will become an integral part of the ASD Team, making every problem associated with the platform a problem of their own, and will demonstrate the required initiative and critical thinking abilities necessary to resolve all problems and challenges accordingly.
• This individual will be working closely with DHS OIS and its partner agencies to ensure the agencies’ priorities are met. This is a position within DHS OIS Division.
CONTRACT LABOR CATEGORY
11-15years of experience.
Designs develop, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
1. Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
2. Research, test, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
3. Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
4. Consults with project teams and end-users to identify application requirements.
5. Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
6. Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration, and testing tools.
7. Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
8. Acts as team leader on projects.
9. Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on the development team.
10. Participates in the development of software user manuals.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
• +6 years troubleshooting production problems related to software applications
• Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience
• +10 years of Proven experience in the IT field with a focus on technical reporting, system setup, dataanalysis, and analytics.
• +8 years of experience with Visual Studio2010 and later versions with .Net Framework 2.0-4.6.2 with C#and VB
• +10 years of Experience developing enterprise applications using Microsoft technologies within a distributed(n-tier) architecture.
• +5 years of excellent analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written, have the ability to work well in a team, collaborate with developers, etc.
• +5 years of experience developing enterprise applications that interact with MSSQL Server and/orOracle databases.
• +3 years of strong ETL experience in Data Warehouse /Business Intelligence platforms(experiences with ETL Tools like SSIS/Informatica/Data Stag
• +8 years of experience in developing applications using C#, ASP.NET
• +5 years of experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end(e.g.,Cognos)/back-end programming languages (e.g.SQL)
• +3 years of experience with Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Service-OrientedArchitecture
• +3 years of Have you used LINQ (Language-integrated Query) in your previous projects?
• +5 years of experience with any of the JIRA/Bugzilla/HP ALM tools
• Experience with Databases using .NET
Interested in this Position? Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the position title in your email subject line.